In today’s climate of rapid change, organizations are often faced with many unexpected challenges and must be resilient, well informed, and extremely agile to maintain a competitive edge. Migration to the cloud provides access to information and resources that enable agility and ensure you have the capability and resources available to innovate quickly, scale your business, and reap the rewards of high availability and built-in security.
Cloud Migration means moving applications and data from on-premises servers to a single public cloud provider’s server or to multiple cloud providers. Both options give access to technologies that enable you to enjoy greater flexibility and innovate faster.
Migrate to the cloud and maximize your ROI!
Microsoft Azure is a fast and flexible cloud computing platform used by 95% of Fortune 500 companies as well as many small and medium-sized organizations. Azure provides access to more than 200 products and cloud services designed to help businesses recognize and build reliable solutions.
Many organizations begin with an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) migration of their workloads, allowing them to enjoy immediate benefits. Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings enable organizations to quickly increase agility and developer productivity. Whatever the business priorities, migration to the cloud provides the opportunity for immediate innovation and access to IaaS or PaaS capabilities.
The stages of migration
Cloud migration is not a one-step process. It is a continuous process that involves significant organizational change management across people, processes, and technology. Taking a holistic approach helps organizations navigate the journey successfully while ensuring that the many benefits are also realized including efficiency, agility, and scalability once the migration to the cloud is complete.
Microsoft holistic process for a secure transition
This step includes:
- Defining the strategy – Aligning stakeholders, defining the migration and modernization strategy, and engaging partners.
- Defining the plan – Assessing the environment, building the business case, and creating the migration plan.
This step uses an iterative approach with a defined set of workloads and includes:
- Identifying the Ready state – Building a landing zone for your workloads; building and growing the necessary Azure skillset and capabilities for implementation.
- Defining the Adopt criteria – Migrating and modernizing your workloads using Azure tools and automation.
This step establishes the governance and management of operations once the migration is complete and includes:
- Establishing Governance – Establishing cloud usage standards that align with business needs. Balancing speed with control and enabling cloud budget tracking.
- Defining the Manage criteria – Ensuring a secure and well-managed environment for your workloads, such as backup, monitoring, security, and intelligence tools.
Migration versus Modernization
Migration involves moving your existing apps to Azure in an optimized way—without code changes. As-is app migration to cloud infrastructure as a service helps you move capital expenditures to operational expenditures to quickly gain agility and scale.
Modernization involves modifying or extending your apps to further scale and optimize for cloud architectures and take advantage of Azure platform as a service capability such as built-in security, patching, high availability, and auto-scaling.
The table below can help you determine whether it is time to migrate or migrate and modernize.
Optimize the migration journey
Migrating to the cloud is easier, faster, and more secure when you make the journey with an experienced team. Contact TwoConnect today!
Top Benefits of Azure Cloud Migration
There are many benefits to migrating to the cloud including:
- Optimized costs with significant savings in resource, maintenance, and real estate costs.
- Optimized workloads and resource management.
- Reduction or elimination of infrastructure dependency.
- Reduction of administrative overhead.
- Use of hybrid cloud models to maintain current IT investments.
- Better visibility into operational processes.
- Built-in backup and a disaster recovery capability.
- No server maintenance.
- The ability to manage and monitor both on-premises and cloud resources from a single screen.
- And more!
Are you ready to migrate? TwoConnect can help you get there!
Contact TwoConnect and our Azure certified cloud architects and developers for a free consultation to determine the best cloud migration option for your business. TwoConnect can help you begin your Azure migration.